Jesus Christ praying for his disciples. He prayed for their sanctification. He prayed for their second work of grace. He was praying for them that they may be one “That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me” those foundation believers and the final stage of the time. Jesus Christ wasn’t talking of the union (the attitude that was not together). He was referring to the unity, that they also may be in us.
. Sanctified believers are highly favour, blessed in Christ. They are favored so that they will be useful for the expansion of the kingdom of God. They also have:
– The Privilege of purity
– The Prince lead prayer
– The Partnership (Agreement among one another).
– The Preference (He love his fellowship with people)
– The Protection (Keep them from evil)
– The Progress (Through them the world will come to the kingdom).
Jesus Christ purpose for our life is for us to have a great privilege, adequate preparation for all the believers. Jesus Christ sent them out to go and preach repentance (Sanctification) must be the first experience subsequent seen in the Christian life. It brings:
– Deeper honor.
– Inner humility.
– Happier home.
– Higher honour
– Heaven mindedness
– Heavenly Hope.
The people that are getting ready for heaven (Psalms 51: 6, 7; Isaiah 1:18). Revealing unto us Salvation after that, sanctification begins (Matthew 5:8). Those who are pour in spirit and they came for repentance “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth (Salvation). ” Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God (Sanctification) Acts 15:9; Hebrews 12:14 “Follow peace with all men” (Salvation) “And holiness”- Sanctification (1Peter 1:3). Being born again into the lively home of glory. In 1Peter 1:5 – Final salvation, ready to be revealed in the life time «Be ye holy, for I am holy” (Salvation and Sanctification).
POINT (1): THE PATTERN OF UNITY FOR THE SANCTIFIED BRIDE.
John 17:20-22; 2Corintians 11:2; Ephesians 5:23-32; Revelation 19:7-9; John 17:21-23; John 5:30; John 8:28; 1John 5:7.
The Disciples of Christ before him, the name given to them were the bride. Hr wants the body to be united (Ephesians 5:23). Jesus Christ waking compassion as He is the head of the church that he might present it to himself “A glorious church” verse 32″ This is the great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church ”
The Pattern; The Picture; The Power.
• The Pattern of the unity of the Son and the Father (John 17:21-22). Referring to the believers with the whole of the church, that they all may be one (John 5:30). The unity between the Son (Christ) and the Father (God) has the Father taught him, so he did.
• The Picture of the unity of sanctified in fellowship (John 17:20). The fellowship between the apostle of the past, “That they all may be one: as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou has sent me”.
Jesus Christ has given us a pattern, the picture of sanctified in fellowship that they all may be all one. The picture revealed the early believers how the Lord has helped them to draw the pattern. No disagreement occurs between them. The multitude of them that believe were one mind «Endeavoring to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace”
- The Power of the unity of saints for fruitfulness (John 17:21) “That the world may believe that thou sent me «That the world may know that thou hast sent, and hast loved them, as thou has loved me”. That is what sanctification does in the life (Mark 16:15). The great commission the Lord has commanded us is to (Go ye into the entire world, and preached the gospel to every creature). In 2Corinthians 5:19 (Reconciling the world unto himself, not inputting their trespasses unto them: and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation “. The unity that bear good fruit in the midst of other (productive unity, profitable unity, persevering unity, permanent unity, persuasive unity.
POINT 2: THE PURPOSE AND USEFULNESS OF SANCTIFIED BELIEVERS.
John 17:23, 24; John 14:10; Romans 8:11; 1 John 4:12, 13, 16; Acts 2:46; Acts 4:24-33; Acts 5:12-14.
The kind of unity Jesus Christ is praying for «That the world may know that he has sent me”. There is purpose for it (John 14:10). The unity among himself and the Father. The Holy Ghost (Romans 8:11) Here Jesus is saying what the Father has said. That he will dwell in you. He lives inside us, and he abides inside us. No one has seen God, He dwell inside us. What salvation does and sanctification brings unity. It cleansed the heart. The heart that is not cleansed and pure, it’s all full of Satan nature! Where there is sinful criticism, negative attitude, judgmental spirit (There is no sanctification).
Sanctification produced love (transparent love). It results to:
– Clear Cleansed and Concerned Consciences.
When there is sanctification, there will be no…
• No Conflict
• No Contradiction
• No Contention
• No Corruption
• No Conspiracy
• No Contend
• No Calamity
Sanctification beings maximum usefulness (Acts 2:46). It brings one accord in the temple.
POINT 3: THE POTENTIAL AND UNIQUENESS OF SANCTIFIED BRETHREN.
John 17:23, 26; Romans 8:34; Hebrews 7:25; John 3:17; Acts 17:6; Hebrews 4:10; 2Corinthians 3:18; John 4:12; Hebrews 13:12; 1Peter 1:3-5; Galatians 2:20.
The potential of what Jesus said
– Intercession for all believers (John 17:20)
– Impact of the world
– Indwelt by glory (John 17:23)
– Infused by the God head (John 17:25)
– Inheritance in heaven (John 17:24)
– Inspired information revelation(John 17:25)
– Identical selfless love for believers (Romans 8:34).
Jesus Christ, he made intercession for every believer, and he prayed for us that we may be sanctified and holy. He ever lives to make intercession for us. He bringeth souls into the kingdom (John 3:17); but that the world through him might be saved”. Jesus Christ given us real revelation and impartation from heaven. He totally delivered us from sin, he sanctified us, cleansed us (Galatians 17:20). Christ has revealed unto us the pattern, the purpose, he potential, the picture, the power for our life so we can all be sanctified.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL IN THE NAME OF LORD JESUS – CHRIST