📖 TEXT: JOHN17:13-19 GHS: 53- 6O B/READING:NEHEMIAH 9&10
Studying and learning from (John 17:13-19), ( Verse- key- the assurance and certainty about His departure/leaving this world), John17:13″And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves”. The verses reminds us of the prayer Jesus Christ prayed (John 17:13). Everything Jesus Christ did, there was a purpose ” That his joy to be fulfilled in them”. The Lord Jesus Christ has come to the world, he came to died for our sins, and He prayed for our sanctification. Jesus Christ knew he was going back to God(The Father). He show us the confidence.
• He knew why he cam •He knew what he came here on earth to do.
• He knew what to do that it will pleased the Father. • He knew when to begin and stay there.
• He knew who was to engage along to himself. • He knew knew when he will finish and go back to the Father. Jesus Christ knew why he was sent to earth.He commanded the disciples that their joy might be full. The attitude of the Lord Jesus Christ toward the people. He wanted eternal Joy, filling joy might remain in them (John 17:11; John 16:20,21).
POINT 1. OUR SEPARATION AND PRESERVATION FROM THE WORLD
John 17:14-16; Proverbs 29:27; Leviticus 20:23,24,26; Jeremiah10:1,2; Romans 3:19; 1John 2:15-17;2 Peter 2:20-22; James 1:27; James 4:4.
Jesus Christ talking to the Father, He knew what He has commanded. Two things the Lord Jesus knew about:
– The True Believer Separation From The World (John 15:18). They were departed from the world. He hated the things of the world. Jesus Christ, showing how confidence and happy he was to the people. He knew that they were not of the world. If we are children of God, there should be mark (difference) between the children of God and the children of the world (Romans 3:19). The reason we are not of the world (2Peter 2:20-22). If you are going to be different from the world, your life must be different from the world, your life must be against the things “Pollution” of the world.
– The Transformed Believers From The World (John 17:15). God is able to preserve you from the evil of the world (Galatians 6:14) been crucified with the Lord.
POINT 2. OUR SANCTIFICATION AND PURITY THROUGH THE WORD
John 17:17; 1Thessalonians 4:3; Hebrews 2:9-11; Romans6:6;2Corinthians 7:1; 1Peter 1:3,4; 1John 2:24.
Christ prayer for His disciples as He is about to leave and pay the final sacrifice for this world:
• His prayer for our sanctification (1Thessalonians 5:23)
• The purity through sanctification (Titus 2:14;1Thessalonians 4:3).
• The provision for our sanctification (Ephesians 5:15-17).
• The purpose of our sanctification (Hebrews 10:14,16; Romans 6:6).
Everything about Jesus Christ does it for our purpose. He want to perfect us.He wrote the law on the table with stone. He will perfect you with his love inside your heart.
• The price of our sanctification (Hebrews 13:12,20). Jesus Christ pay the price for your sanctification through the shedding of his blood. He want you to consecrate your life and continue in his word “He pay the price”.
• The preparation for our sanctification (Leviticus 20:7,8). Having the conviction with the Word of God. Search your heart, set yourself apart and keep his status and do them. You make the proper preparation, and sanctification come in (Isaiah 6:1-5). The sanctification, the second work of grace Jesus Christ does in our life.
• Our preservation in sanctification (Jude 21, 24).
POINT 3. OUR SERVICE AND PARTICIPATION IN HIS WORK
John 17:18; John 20:21; John 4:33; 1Timothyb1:15; 2Peter 3:9; 1John 1:9; John 3:16,17; John 20:21; Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:45-47; John 1:29; Acts 8:4,26-31,35; Acts 11:36.
Jesus Christ transferred the ministry to everyone working,laboring for souls to be win, pointing or showing others to Jesus Christ (John20:21). What the Father sent him to do? The work the Father gave him to do(Luke 5:32; Luke 19:10).
* He came to call the sinners to repentance (John 4:34)
* To show the sinners how they will have salvation of the Lord (2 Peter 3:9).
* That they might understand the Scriptures (Luke 24:45-47,John 1:29)
* So that they can become a source of salvation to other people (Acts 3:16)
* To turn the people from their iniquity unto God (Acts 26:16,18; John 17:15).
Message preached y Pastor W.F. Kumuyi